Updated: Jun 17, 2018
Craving something sweet, these little gems are packed full of nutrients and satisfy the late afternoon energy slump.
Welcome to your blog post. Use this space to connect with your readers and potential customers in a way that’s current and interesting. Think of it as an ongoing conversation where you can share updates about business, trends, news, and more.
Delicious healthy option for your afternoon snack. Kid-friendly and easy to make.
Often times we are not getting enough restful sleep hours in and this means towards the end of the day our energy slumps and we tend to crave something sweet. We are much better off to grab a homemade option packed with nutrients to lift our energy levels than something full of refined carbs, sugar and chemicals we tend to find on the go. Try out this recipe and see what you think!
Yummy Gluten-free Energy Bars
5 Medjool dates, pitted
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1/4 cup goji berries *or cranberries
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1.4 cup hemp seeds *or chia
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. raw cacao powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Soak pitted dates in 1/2 cup of boiling water for 15-20 minutes.
3. While dates are soaking, combine oats, almonds, goji berries, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, salt, cinnamon, and raw cacao powder in a bowl. Mix until incorporated.
4. Place dates and soaking liquid in a food processor or strong blender. Blend until smooth (will resemble something between a syrup and paste).
5. Add coconut oil and maple syrup to date paste and blend until combined.
6. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix well so that all of the dry ingredients are fully coated.
7. Spread mixture on baking sheet and press down with a piece of plastic wrap to create an even layer.
8. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
9. Cool for 15-20 minutes and pop in the freezer for another 10 minutes so that they fully set and are easy to cut.
10. Cut into rectangles or squares. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. This allows for a longer shelf life and prevents the bars from crumbling.